∞ Myra

A turban tying daydreamer, who loves reading books.

Monster in My Closet - R.L. Naquin 3.5Oh, well...This one was sweet! I wasn't sure how would turn this "Monster in My Closet" premise, but the writer took my doubts away and pleasantly surprised me. Starting with empath, kind-hearted Zoey, a slightly weird woman with outrageous fashion style, to the magic creatures like good-smelling Skunk-apes, Brownies, Dragons and more, to a Demon who kills women in a very strange way...all combined in this story, made this a light book with some dark corners with a lot of adventures!I liked the idea of magic creatures who are soul weary. The "closet monster" is the fancy leaving Maurice, which is a good gourmet, with a lots of interesting sweet friends.In real life it seems when one terrible thing happens, a ton of others seem to follow. That's exactly what is going to happen in this book and I'm not going to divulge any mistery! By the way, there are a few adult scenes, even if it's filled with colorful childhood characters, it's not for kids. This book have little mistakes, but they're not very disturbing.If you are looking for some fresh fun, mistery and adventure, this is it!