∞ Myra

A turban tying daydreamer, who loves reading books.

Darkhouse - Karina Halle 4.5 starsTo begin with, this book is the first horror book I have ever read.I liked this book, made me feel like I'm a part of the story and to mention that it's really really creepy one. It was also fun, enjoyable and interesting.Everything starts with Perry's nightmares and then, one night, when Perry is visiting her uncle and cousins, she goes to explore the old lighthouse on their property, and runs into Dex Foray. From that point on their lives are intertwined and their story begins.Perry Palamino, is a 22-years old woman who had very difficult teenage years. She had weight issues, she took drugs, but I found her very down-to-earth.Dex "Declan" Foray is older, confident and most likely, bipolar. This makes him unpredictable and the fact that he doesn't reveal much about himself makes him mysterious too. He seems to be a very complicated man.I also liked the chemistry between the main characters. I think that Perry and Dex do have a lot in common and I can't wait to see what happens in the next book.The book it's well written, paced and balanced. "Because I find life to be scarier than death."This book may not be for everyone, but if you are looking for some creepy and interesting story to read, you can absolutely try this one!